Acquire.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.acquire.com/, https://micromrr.acquire.com/, https://www.acquire.com/alerts (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy and its supplement applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you voluntarily provide in order to fulfill a request.
It does NOT apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
We have included further information about rights and disclosures as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in our [Additional California Privacy Disclosures supplement].
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name or e-mail or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- For registered sellers on the platform, information regarding your startup that you provide to us;
- For registered buyers on the platform, information regarding your investor profile;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties through chats with prospective buyers, sellers, or advisors (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
California law requires that we provide California residents with a detailed description of all of the information (called “Personal Information” in the CCPA) we collect from California residents. That being said, we believe that all of our users should have complete visibility into the types of information we collect from them. For a more detailed list of information we collect from you, please see “Categories of Personal Information under CCPA” in our [Additional California Privacy Disclosures].
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. We collect this information because it helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Analytics Software. We subscribe to and use Google Analytics and Hubspot in order to collect information that will improve our capabilities to provide our services to you.
Information Provided Voluntarily For Use Of Services
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us in order to fulfill a request, such as when you sign up to use our services and website, request support from our support team, write to us by email, complete a contact form, want to use our services, or communicate with us in any way. This information includes your name and surname, company name, physical address, email address, and certain types of business information of your business such as client payment information, revenue, analytics information regarding your website, customer churn, customer lifetime and other metrics and data, as well any other information you provide to us regarding your business.
In particular, after you sign up to use our services as a startup, if you wish to incorporate data from your accounts with third-party tools and applications, such as Stripe, Google Analytics, ChartMogul, Baremetrics, and ProfitWell, and display such data on the information page of your startup to the potential buyers, by signing in your account with such third-party tools and applications on the authorization page or providing us with your API Keys or View IDs on such third-party tools and applications, you are authorizing us and granting us read access to certain information in your accounts with such third parties. See below the information we will be able to collect from such third parties with your authorization.
- Stripe – Read only access of customer revenue data for the past 12 months
- Google Analytics - Sessions, Page views, Organic searches of your website for the past 12 months
- ChartMogul - Read only access of customer revenue data for the past 12 months
- Baremetrics - Read only access of customer revenue data for the past 12 months
- ProfitWell - Read only access of customer revenue data for the past 12 months
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To facilitate the listing of your buyer, seller, or advisor profile on the Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including without limitation, (for startup users) displaying authorized business information of startups to certain potential buyers.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we will use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “Your Information Rights and Controls” below.
Sale of Personal Information
Please note that we do not sell your personal information to anyone.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or otherwise fall under the definition of “Personal Information,” “Personal Data,” or any other similar definition under any regulation, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates so that we can provide our services to you.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business so that we can provide our services to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Information Rights and Controls
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), gives rights to individuals over their personal information. While the following rights are specific to members of the European Economic Area (EEA), when feasible we provide all of our users the same rights as the GDPR offers to members of the EEA.
Please see your rights and their descriptions in the following table.
It is your right to:
Access Be informed of the personal information we process about you and to request access to it
Rectification Request that we amend or update your personal information where it’s inaccurate or incomplete
Erasure Request that we delete certain portions of your personal data under certain circumstances
Restriction Request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal information
Object Object to us processing your personal information at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation
Object to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes
Data portability Request a copy of your personal information in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal information for use in another party’s service
Not subject to automated decision-making Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making (decisions without human involvement), including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect
How to Exercise Your Rights With Us
Access: To make a verifiable request for information about the personal information we have collected about you, please email email@example.com. Please note that almost all, if not all, of the information that we collect from you will be contained in your account profile on the platform.
Rectification: You can edit your personal information in your account profile on our platform.
Erasure: You may exercise this right by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Acquire account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that Acquire account to prevent that person from opening a new MicoAcquire account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Acquire may keep your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations, or as record of any dispute with you.
- Some copies of your information (e.g., email) will remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers and are kept for record-keeping purposes only.
Restriction: You may exercise this right by emailing email@example.com or by discontinuing your use of the platform.
Object: You may exercise this right by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data portability: You may exercise this right by emailing email@example.com.
Automated decision-making: You may exercise this right by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know that we do not exercise any sort of automated decision-making. All of our decisions regarding your profile are made internally by our support staff.
You also have the right to contact your local data protection authority about any questions or concerns.
Data Retention and Deletion
Subject to certain additional rights of California users as set forth in our [Additional California Privacy Disclosures], other additional rights of EEA members under the GDPR, and other relevant regulations, we will keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the services available on the Acquire platform and for our legitimate and essential business purposes. These legitimate and essential business purposes are the same as the ones we listed for users in the EEA and California (please see “Right to Delete Request in our [Additional California Privacy Disclosures], and Erasure above).
If you close or request that we close your account, we'll delete, or de identify or anonymize your personal data so it no longer identifies you, unless we're required to keep something or we still need to use it for a legally justifiable reason.
Here are some examples of situations where we're legally allowed or required to keep some of your personal data:
- if there's an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit or unresolved claim or dispute
- for our legal, tax, audit and accounting obligations
- for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain security. For more, please see Erasure above.
In some cases, we will deidentify or anonymize your personal information in order to prevent fraud or determine whether you are a former user if you decide to re-register on the Acquire platform for fraud prevention purposes.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
To register a complaint or concern, please email email@example.com.